There was an issue connecting to the Assistant server. Please try again

I have the same problem since few days. did you solve that issue meanwhile? thanks

No. I tried different devices (Mac OS, Windows). Assistant works only if i use Cloud-hosted notebook.

Hello @alex.grigorev111!

Thank-you for using Anaconda and Welcome to the Anaconda Forum community!

Anaconda AI Assistant is also available in Navigator (in Jupyter Lab), but make sure to have the latest version of Navigator.

Here is a link to our doc pages:

https://docs.anaconda.com/pro/anaconda-notebooks/local-assistant/?highlight=anaconda%20Assistant

Please let us know if you need further assistance (if the docs don’t help :neutral_face:) and we can investigate further.

And thank you @carlo_furlan for helping out alex!

Best,

Kim - User Care Manager

this solution still didnt work for me I’ve tried the anaconda cloud notebook and install the toolbox for jupyterlab and I still get a connection issue

Are you getting the same error as alex.grigorev111 received and posted above?

im currently getting the same error, any solution yet?

same issue for me, on two PCs…

1 Like

Anaconda Assistant (free) is not working in my Windows 11 desktop with a fresh Anaconda Navigator (2.6.0) installation with JupyterLab (3.6.7). I am connected to Anaconda Cloud, thus signed in. Worked two days ago, not anymore. However, Assistant is available in Anaconda Cloud Notebooks.
What is wrong?

Hey @matti.a.aho. Is it the same error as above? Could you provide some screenshots?

One other thing you could you try updating JupyterLab to version 4.0.11 as that’s a version that I know the Assistant works on.

We are working on improving the error messages so hopefully they will be a bit more informative soon!
Thanks
Jack

Dear Jack

Thank you for your prompt response. It is the same error, server cannot be connected.

I have used Anaconda Assistant trough Anaconda Toolbox (0.4.0) while studying the ISLP book. Pip installing ISLP package downgrades Jupyter Notebook to version 6.5.4 and JupyterLab to version 3.6.7. The Assistant worked until day before yesterday. Today I removed thw whole old Anaconda Navigator and installed brand new one no success with the Assistant.

I am afraid I don’t know how to install Anaconda Assistant to JupyterLab (4.0.11) which I do have in another environment. Installing Anaconda Toolbox to this environment does the same downgrading to Jupyter Notebook and JupyterLab as the ISLP package.

Kind regards,

Matti

ke 24. huhtik. 2024 klo 12.32 Jack Evans via Anaconda Community <notifications@anaconda.discoursemail.com> kirjoitti: