Spawning Server?

Apologies - see it’s fixed now! thank you.

@thomholliday90 thanks for confirming that that fixed it!

@Joy_Paul I’ve made the same change on your account, so it should work again now.

To both: did you run a pip install on the notebook service itself as part of some tutorial that you were doing? We’re trying to work out how the broken Jupyter stuff got into your accounts, because none of our tutorials should give you instructions that would break things that way.

Yes! That’s exactly what I did, now that I remember.

@thomholliday90 thanks for letting us know! Do you remember why? I’m trying to find out if we’ve put instructions to do that in some tutorial somewhere, because that will definitely need to get fixed if we did :slight_smile:

The spawning error is gone. However, now I am faced with new issue while accessing the notebooks. Check the image…

Another error below while accessing the home page.

It looks like there were another 2 packages installed in your account that were also causing issues. I have removed them. Perhaps there are still more. Try it again and let us know how it goes.

I am getting the below msg while accessing the notebook

Perhaps you have been logged out in the interim. Try going back to anaconda.cloud, logging in and then clicking on the notebook

I have re-logged in, however the same issue persists.

Is there any update on this? I am stuck for the last 2 weeks, unable to work on my analysis. Just get the feeling that this cloud environment is not stable for the most part.

Hi there,

Could you try again now? What appears to have happened is that you have installed your own JupyterLab setup into the environment, but parts of it are missing. So JupyterLab is failing to start. I’ve moved all of the things that you installed to one side, so hopefully you should be able to get the notebooks to appear now.

All the best,

Giles

Hi, I tried again and am seeing the same problem.

I have anaconda (desktop version) installed on my laptop from a very long, however I do not use it anymore. what correlation does the desktop version have with the cloud version?

I am logging into Anaconda cloud and trying to access the notebooks. I have one notebook already created there, and suddenly I stated seeing problems. Now the page doesn’t even load. After the spawning error was resolved (see the above threads) I could at least reach to the page where the notebooks listing could be seen, now I could see a 404 error every time. I am not sure what else needs to be done from my side. I am considering stopping my subscription as it is a waste of money.

The desktop version has no correlation with the Anaconda cloud version.

It looks like all of the changes that we made to get this working may have left your account in a strange state. We have reset the state so it should work now. Make sure you are logged in at anaconda.cloud and then use the Notebooks link there and let us know the result.

I am having the same issue

Could you try refreshing the page and let us know if you get the same result?

It’s still not working, I keep getting the same error message.

I think that the problem is that you have installed some packages into the system environment using pip, but they’re incompatible with JupyterLab – so the server won’t start up. We can use our admin access to uninstall those packages if you like – that should fix things. Let us know if you’d like us to go ahead with that.

Sure please help, and please let me know what packages I don’t need to use. This is for a class assignment and it already had all the pip packages on. Thank you.

Thanks! Could you try again now?

1 Like