Anaconda3 2023.03-Windows-x86_64 Fails to install

I am running Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. I have admin access if needed.
I have successfully installed Anaconda many times in the past. I have a short course I am running very soon and I have been planning on using Anaconda. If this happens for the students the course will go very badly.

I downloaded Anaconda3 2023.03-Windows-x86_64 and attempted to install it. At the end of the install the GUI says:

ERROR: conda.core.link:_execute(740): An error occurred while installing “de…”
Rolling back transaction:…working … done

LinkError: post-link script failed for package defaults::scikit-learn-1.2.1-py310hd77b1…
location of failed script C:\Apps\Anaconda3\Scripts.scikit-learn-post-link,bat

After this, the C:\Apps\Anaconda3 directory does NOT have a Scripts directory and nothing has been installed.

How is this happening? How can I fix this?

Here is the end of the log:

Output folder: C:\Users\tractp1\AppData\Local\anaconda3\pkgs
Extract: env.txt
Output folder: C:\Users\tractp1\AppData\Local\anaconda3\conda-meta
Extract: history

Downloading and Extracting Packages

Downloading and Extracting Packages

Preparing transaction: …working… done
Executing transaction: …working… WARNING conda.core.envs_manager:register_env(49): Unable to register environment. Path not writable or missing.
environment location: C:\Users\tractp1\AppData\Local\anaconda3
registry file: C:\Users\tractp1.conda\environments.txt
done
ERROR conda.core.link:_execute(740): An error occurred while installing package ‘defaults::scikit-learn-1.2.1-py310hd77b12b_0’.
Rolling back transaction: …working… done

LinkError: post-link script failed for package defaults::scikit-learn-1.2.1-py310hd77b12b_0
location of failed script: C:\Users\tractp1\AppData\Local\anaconda3\Scripts.scikit-learn-post-link.bat
==> script messages <==

==> script output <==
stdout:
stderr: ‘chcp’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
‘chcp’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
‘conda’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,

return code: 255

()

I am begging to think Anaconda sucks! I tried installing it over and over on my Dell running Windows 10 as well.

My Question:
“why does anaconda say it ‘installed successfully’ when it does not and has errors in the install details?”
On my last attempt, I tried to do a conda install on a text-gen and the Anaconda Prompt cmd said, conda is not a recognized application!

There has got to be a much better solution for Windows 64 then Anaconda! smh