Anaconda Installation issue Windows

Hi,

When I install the lastest Anacoda on Windows, i receive following error:

ERROR conda.core.link:_execute(699): An error occurred while installing package ‘defaults::qt-5.9.7-vc14h73c81de_0’.
Rolling back transaction: …working… done

LinkError: post-link script failed for package defaults::qt-5.9.7-vc14h73c81de_0
location of failed script: C:\Users\lucas\anaconda3\Scripts.qt-post-link.bat
==> script messages <==

==> script output <==
stdout:
stderr: /F was unexpected at this time.

return code: 255

()

As a result, conda and python files are deleted by installer. I tried to find help on faq websiste as well as on different forums, but i didint find any.

I would be gratefull if you could help me.

the same story when installing navigator by conda prompt

Those post/pre link scripts may write some useful information to C:\Users\lucas\anaconda3\.messages.txt. Is there such a file? Whats written there?

2 Likes

We received a similar ticket in Anaconda User Care today (error message is in attached screenshot):

Hi Team,

We had recently purchased license and now while installing anaconda 64 bit latest version, we are getting error which is preventing installation.

Need your urgent help as there is a huge business impact.

My response:

Have you tried the running the suggested command in the error message:

conda clean --packages.

Other commands which may help resolve the issue:

Similar issue is discussed here:

You can roll back to the previous versions of conda until the resolution of this problem by getting a list of all the versions as:

conda list --revisions
You will find te detailed list of all the changes made with revision number as rev 1 or rev 32 . Roll back to your suitable revision by
conda install --rev revision_number_here