WARNING linux_scaling.get_scaling_factor_using_dbus:42 Can’t detect system scaling factor settings for primary monitor

I’m using Fedora 35 on my laptop. When I open anaconda-navigator I got this message:

"WARNING linux_scaling.get_scaling_factor_using_dbus:42 Can’t detect system scaling factor settings for primary monitor."

and yes, the window for anaconda can’t be resized. I disabled “enable high-DPI scaling” setting in Navigator’s Preferences menu, as this has worked for other users. Not for me. Also tried to change in ~/.anaconda/navigator/anaconda-navigator.ini :

<enable_high_dpi_scaling = True> to <enable_high_dpi_scaling = False>, or <enable_high_dpi_scaling = None> but this also hasn’t worked. As I said, I’m using Fedora 35 on gnome 41 and I’m trying to run anaconda3 on 64 bit. Any ideas?

Sounds like an issue with pyqt5 - perhaps search their issue tracker for something similar. You can also file an issue with Navigator, but I suspect there may be little they can do.

This is the full warning message. This happens with only anaconda-navigator, other apps working fine.

WARNING linux_scaling.get_scaling_factor_using_dbus:42 Can’t detect system scaling factor settings for primary monitor

libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open iris: /home/dp/anaconda3/lib/python3.9/site-packages/PyQt5/…/…/…/libstdc++.so.6: version GLIBCXX_3.4.29' not found (required by /usr/lib64/dri/iris_dri.so) (search paths /usr/lib64/dri, suffix _dri) libGL error: failed to load driver: iris libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open swrast: /home/dp/anaconda3/lib/python3.9/site-packages/PyQt5/../../../libstdc++.so.6: version GLIBCXX_3.4.29’ not found (required by /usr/lib64/dri/swrast_dri.so) (search paths /usr/lib64/dri, suffix _dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast

Sorry, it doesn’t mean much to me

I had the same issue… there are 3 errors in this message. I wasn’t able to resolve the dbus:42 (high DPI scaling is disabled already) however I was able to resolve the two “libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open iris/swrast” in the main terminal (I don’t know if the first two steps are necessary):

#(base)$ export LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose
#(base)$ conda update libstdcxx-ng
#(base)$ mv ~/anaconda3/lib/libstdc++.so.6{,.bak}

I still can’t resolve the dbus:42 issue but this warning doesn’t seem to affect the performance in a noticeable way:
WARNING linux_scaling.get_scaling_factor_using_dbus:42
Can’t detect system scaling factor settings for primary monitor.