Miniforge3 environment

I created a miniforge3 environment to use tensorflow and transfomers on my Mac Studio (Monterey 12.4). Now, jupyter notebook and jupypter lab disappeared from the channels and pycharm throws an error (see below).

error:
2022-07-24 10:22:05.374 pycharm[5432:46948] allVms required 1.8*,1.8+
2022-07-24 10:22:05.375 pycharm[5432:46952] Cannot load JVM bundle: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=3585 “dlopen_preflight(/Applications/PyCharm.app/Contents/jbr/Contents/MacOS/libjli.dylib) => false, tried: ‘/Applications/PyCharm.app/Contents/jbr/Contents/MacOS/libjli.dylib’ (mach-o file, but is an incompatible architecture (have ‘arm64’, need ‘x86_64’)), ‘/usr/lib/libjli.dylib’ (no such file)” UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=The bundle doesn’t contain a version for the current architecture., NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Try installing a universal version of the bundle., NSFilePath=/Applications/PyCharm.app/Contents/jbr/Contents/MacOS/libjli.dylib, NSDebugDescription=dlopen_preflight(/Applications/PyCharm.app/Contents/jbr/Contents/MacOS/libjli.dylib) => false, tried: ‘/Applications/PyCharm.app/Contents/jbr/Contents/MacOS/libjli.dylib’ (mach-o file, but is an incompatible architecture (have ‘arm64’, need ‘x86_64’)), ‘/usr/lib/libjli.dylib’ (no such file), NSBundlePath=/Applications/PyCharm.app/Contents/jbr, NSLocalizedDescription=The bundle “OpenJDK 11.0.15” couldn’t be loaded because it doesn’t contain a version for the current architecture.}

I have also attached a screenshot of my channels.

Any suggestions?

1 Like

dear Jemel_Aguilar.

nice to meet you.

The community version of Anaconda and Pycharm is about to switch architectures for Apple Macintosh, with x86_64 for the version released in 2021 and M2 (arm) for the version released in 2022.

The problem is that Apple MacOS cannot emulate and run M2 on x86_64. Of course, it is possible to run x86_64 programs on M2 machines.

Therefore, to solve this problem, you need to download the x86_64 compatible libraries and applications for MacOS.

Please refer to the following command reference and download the supported applications and libraries.

https://docs.conda.io/projects/conda/en/latest/commands.html

see you.
ktsh.tanaka.2020