Installation of zstandard on Ubuntu 22.04

I am using Ubuntu 22.04 with the Intel Oneapi and Spyder. In the Intel environment that I have created I cannot upgrade Spyder to the latest version. Apparently zstandard library is required and is not available in Ubuntu 22.04.

I’ve tried conda install anaconda with results as shown below…

steph@sjb-pc:$ conda install anaconda
/home/steph/anaconda3/lib/python3.9/site-packages/conda_package_streaming/package_streaming.py:19: UserWarning: zstandard could not be imported. Running without .conda support.
warnings.warn(“zstandard could not be imported. Running without .conda support.”)
/home/steph/anaconda3/lib/python3.9/site-packages/conda_package_handling/api.py:30: UserWarning: Install zstandard Python bindings for .conda support
_warnings.warn(“Install zstandard Python bindings for .conda support”)
Retrieving notices: …working… done
Collecting package metadata (repodata.json): / /home/steph/anaconda3/lib/python3.9/site-packages/conda_package_streaming/package_streaming.py:19: UserWarning: zstandard could not be imported. Running without .conda support.
warnings.warn(“zstandard could not be imported. Running without .conda support.”)
/home/steph/anaconda3/lib/python3.9/site-packages/conda_package_handling/api.py:30: UserWarning: Install zstandard Python bindings for .conda support
_warnings.warn(“Install zstandard Python bindings for .conda support”)
done
Solving environment: failed with initial frozen solve. Retrying with flexible solve.
Solving environment:

I’ll appreciate some guidance on how to proceed.