Install of Ipython and spyder fails in a Python 3.10 conda environment

I created a conda environment for python 3.10. I installed most of the python modules that I need, but when I tried to install Ipython, spyder, matplotlib, and jupyter, the installation failed. I did the same in a conda environment for python 3.9 that I created, and all those installations worked OK.
I tried to do it with the conda parameter -c anaconda and also with -c conda-forge and it did not succeed.
It is clear that there are some incompatibilities between the python 3.10 conda environment and the installation of all those modules/packages. Do you think that trying to install them using pip from within that conda environment may solve the problem, even if conda will not be aware of those installations?
Thank you.
Dr. Moshe Goldstein

1 Like

dear Dr. goldmosh.

thank you for posting.

Do you think that trying to install them using pip from within that conda environment may solve the problem, even if conda will not be aware of those installations?

There is a point to note when installing with pip without going through the conda environment.

Basically, it spreads across Anaconda 3’s base environment, rather than being applied only to the environment in which it was created. of course,
For “conda activate base”.

However, if done carefully, it is also possible to install only in the environment created by the following command.

conda create --name env_name python=3.10
conda activate env_name

Of course, feel free to use the env_name.

For the normal procedure, the following URL will be helpful.

Regards, you.
ktsh.tanaka.2020