Compute time limits

Would be good to clarify in the documentation that high-compute seconds limit is a daily one, took me a bit of Ctrl+F to find out (in fact, initially I assumed it was monthly).

Thanks for the feedback juanlu. We’ll make sure that the documentation calls this out a little more clearly.

Thanks again!

1 Like

Sorry, looking at the docs again it says it right there: CPU seconds (daily). I should have looked harder :slight_smile: thanks!

I just signed up and am using a notebook. After some simple programs to get the look and feel down, I’ve already consumed 200 seconds. Do workbooks just stop running after 2000 seconds is used, or does it go to a low compute cycle afterwards? My use case is testing and running some programs where I’m not overly concerned with high compute seconds so long as the program runs. Wondering if my account is just cut-off after 2000 seconds per day. Thank you, J

Welcome to the community jwansack!

After you hit the 2000 second limit, code execution will slow down and execute at a lower priority than other tasks on the server. Once your daily quota resets, you’ll be back up to full speed.

There’s a little more information about this behavior in the docs.

1 Like

I had the same question, but from the subscription pricing screen. There it says the Pro plan offers 4000 high-compute seconds, but does not say for what time period. It would help a lot if you added “per day” !

That’s an excellent point, I’ve passed it on to the appropriate people so hopefully we can get that changed :slight_smile:

I asked the Anaconda Assistant when the CPU Usage minutes reset and this is the answer I got:
“The CPU usage minutes for Anaconda Cloud reset on a monthly basis. At the beginning of each month, the CPU usage minutes counter is reset to zero, and the usage for the new month begins to accumulate.”
If this is true, there are not enough compute minutes to be that useful (8K per month for a paid subscription is too small). The subscription page makes no mention of the time frame for the minutes used. If the minutes are reset daily, at what time do they reset? The reason I asked is that I tried the free account yesterday, quickly ran up over 600 minutes, and that counter has not reset for today.
Thanks for any help in clearing this up!

In the above I mistakenly used minutes. Please substitute seconds for where I said minutes. I went back and asked the Anaconda Assitant about cpu seconds and I got the same answer:
“The CPU usage seconds for Anaconda Cloud reset on a monthly basis. At the beginning of each month, the CPU usage seconds counter is reset to zero, and the usage for the new month begins to accumulate.”

Hi @Gerald_Morrison,

Thanks for joining the Anaconda Community!

Unfortunately you have found a weakness in the Anaconda Assistant there! It’s using GPT3.5 and we aren’t currently training it on our docs on top of that.

Those numbers you see is actually per day. So on Free Tier you will get 1000 seconds of compute time, and starter now includes 8000 seconds. i.e. any time writing code is not included, only time running code.

Hope this helps.
Jack

Thanks for the quick reply Jack. 8000 seconds per day is a good amount! That’s good to know.