When selecting environments Anaconda-Navigator hangs at 'loading packages...'

I have been seeing this issue on various machines for many years, when I go to select an environment from the ‘Environment’ tab, the ‘Loading packages of …’ will continue indefinitely. I usually have to exit Anaconda Navigator and restart it to resume using it. I have been unable to determine the trigger to the error, but it does happen frequently. Is there a way to see what Anaconda-Navigator is doing while this progress bar is cycling?

1 Like

I’m seeing this issue as well. Is there any solution?

I also see this and there is no way to stop the process except through task manager.

I have this issue also, but mine doesn’t open, I run my environments independently outside the anaconda environment. I have uninstalled and installed multiply times but i still have the same issue. is there a solution?

Are there any solutions to this yet? I have uninstalled and reinstalled on Windows 10 64 system multiple times. I went through installation verification steps and all seems good. When I select the Anaconda Navigotor in the menu it never opens. Hangs up on the screen as loading packages.

Same here, I recently installed the latest Ananconda and when I open navigator the base environment keeps spinning, its loading packages indefinitely. No way to tell what is going on.
From Anaconda command prompt and Spyder, everything works great.
It was making me wonder if something I missed.
Also mine is an offline evnvironment, if anyone has any feedback/pointers, I would appreciate it. Thanks