Newbie here - No Kernel (JupyterLab)

This is my first post and I’m a newbie and I’ve tried to search for this w/o success. For some reason, I am not getting a kernel in JupyterLab. I have not upgraded anything and not of my existing models will run; I have the same problem on both my Windows and Mac machines.

Any suggestions what I am doing wrong or how to fix this? I do not get the ‘The kernel appears to have died’ error that I have seen.

Hi C_D, welcome to the forums! Just to make sure that I understand you correctly – is this on our cloud service (with nb.anaconda.cloud in the URL bar of your browser? Or is the JupyterLab server running on your own machine?

It is running on my own machine…NOT the cloud service.

OK, thanks for clarifying! I know more about the cloud service than self-hosted, but I’m sure someone else here will be able to help.

Just to get them started – how are you launching JupyterLab? Is it from a command prompt/terminal, or in some other way?

I have same is problem. please we need an immediate response. i cant do my assignment or be able to follow up in class because of this problem.

Hi betrandajebua, I have to ask the same question as gpjt above. Is it running on your own machine or in the cloud service?