I can't launch Spyder

i couldn’t launch Spyder
i deleted and reinstall anaconda repeatedly, but there was no use
the error message says as below

블록 따옴표

C:\Users\yorch\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\paramiko\transport.py:219: CryptographyDeprecationWarning: Blowfish has been deprecated
“class”: algorithms.Blowfish,
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\yorch\anaconda3\Scripts\spyder-script.py”, line 10, in
sys.exit(main())
File “C:\Users\yorch\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\spyder\app\start.py”, line 252, in main
mainwindow.main(options, args)
File “C:\Users\yorch\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\spyder\app\mainwindow.py”, line 1822, in main
mainwindow = create_window(MainWindow, app, splash, options, args)
File “C:\Users\yorch\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\spyder\app\utils.py”, line 289, in create_window
main.setup()
File “C:\Users\yorch\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\spyder\app\mainwindow.py”, line 773, in setup
PLUGIN_REGISTRY.register_plugin(self, PluginClass,
File “C:\Users\yorch\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\spyder\api\plugin_registration\registry.py”, line 342, in register_plugin
instance = self._instantiate_spyder5_plugin(
File “C:\Users\yorch\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\spyder\api\plugin_registration\registry.py”, line 184, in _instantiate_spyder5_plugin
plugin_instance = PluginClass(main_window, configuration=CONF)
File “C:\Users\yorch\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\spyder\api\plugins\new_api.py”, line 331, in init
container.setup()
File “C:\Users\yorch\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\spyder\plugins\pythonpath\container.py”, line 55, in setup
self._load_pythonpath()
File “C:\Users\yorch\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\spyder\plugins\pythonpath\container.py”, line 136, in _load_pythonpath
system_path = get_system_pythonpath()
File “C:\Users\yorch\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\spyder\plugins\pythonpath\utils.py”, line 31, in get_system_pythonpath
env = get_user_env()
File “C:\Users\yorch\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\spyder\utils\environ.py”, line 71, in get_user_env
env_dict = get_user_environment_variables()
File “C:\Users\yorch\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\spyder\utils\environ.py”, line 60, in get_user_environment_variables
res = stdout.decode().strip().split(os.linesep)
UnicodeDecodeError: ‘utf-8’ codec can’t decode byte 0xbf in position 246: invalid start byte

블록 따옴표

Great thank you for providing me that information, now let’s try this, the problem may be caused by errors in the Spyder setting and configuration files, we can try to fix it with these instructions:

1. Close and relaunch Spyder and see if the problem remains.

2. On the menu, select Start, then select Reset Spyder Settings and see if the problem remains.

3. Close Spyder and relaunch it from the Anaconda Prompt:

4. From the Start menu, open the Anaconda Prompt.

5. At the Anaconda Prompt, enter Spyder.

6. See if the problem remains.

7. Delete the directory .spyder2 and then repeat the previous steps from Step 1. Depending on your version of Windows, .spyder2 may be in C:\Documents and Settings\Your_User_Name or in C:\Users\Your_User_Name.

Note
Replace Your_User_Name, with your Windows user name as it appears in the Documents and Settings folder.

Please let us know if that fixed your problem and if you need further assistance we are here to help.

Hi Carlos,
I go the very same problem and following the seven steps above don’t help (btw the .spyder2-folder is named .spyder-py3 on my laptop.)
When I try to start Spyder from the anaconda menu it opens a terminal window and also the Spyder splash screen opens, telling me that it is loading all kinds of resources. Then everything closes and I get the lengthy error message Yangje was posting.
The same happens when I try to start Spyder from the Windows Start-Menu.
Any idea? Please let me know in case you need more information.
Thank you,
Markus

Hello,

I am also facing the same problem. However, the error message is slightly different. Here follows the error message (the last line mentions access permisions to windows font).

Is there any suggestion to solve that? I tried what Carlos proposed but no success yet :(.

(base) PS C:\Users\AVELL> spyder
fromIccProfile: failed minimal tag size sanity
C:\Programas\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\paramiko\transport.py:219: CryptographyDeprecationWarning: Blowfish has been deprecated
“class”: algorithms.Blowfish,
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Programas\anaconda3\Scripts\spyder-script.py”, line 10, in
sys.exit(main())
File “C:\Programas\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\spyder\app\start.py”, line 252, in main
mainwindow.main(options, args)
File “C:\Programas\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\spyder\app\mainwindow.py”, line 1822, in main
mainwindow = create_window(MainWindow, app, splash, options, args)
File “C:\Programas\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\spyder\app\utils.py”, line 289, in create_window
main.setup()
File “C:\Programas\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\spyder\app\mainwindow.py”, line 731, in setup
internal_plugins = find_internal_plugins()
File “C:\Programas\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\spyder\app\find_plugins.py”, line 40, in find_internal_plugins
mod = importlib.import_module(entry_point.module_name)
File “C:\Programas\anaconda3\lib\importlib_init_.py”, line 126, in import_module
return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
File “”, line 1050, in _gcd_import
File “”, line 1027, in _find_and_load
File “”, line 1006, in _find_and_load_unlocked
File “”, line 688, in _load_unlocked
File “”, line 883, in exec_module
File “”, line 241, in call_with_frames_removed
File “C:\Programas\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\spyder\plugins\pylint\plugin.py”, line 22, in
from spyder.plugins.pylint.confpage import PylintConfigPage
File “C:\Programas\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\spyder\plugins\pylint\confpage.py”, line 16, in
from spyder.plugins.pylint.main_widget import (MAX_HISTORY_ENTRIES,
File “C:\Programas\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\spyder\plugins\pylint\main_widget.py”, line 93, in
class CategoryItem(QTreeWidgetItem):
File “C:\Programas\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\spyder\plugins\pylint\main_widget.py”, line 105, in CategoryItem
‘icon’: ima.icon(“convention”)
File “C:\Programas\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\spyder\utils\icon_manager.py”, line 433, in icon
qta.load_font(‘spyder’, ‘spyder.ttf’, ‘spyder-charmap.json’,
File "C:\Programas\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\qtawesome_init
.py", line 280, in load_font
return instance().load_font(prefix, ttf_filename, charmap_filename, directory)
File "C:\Programas\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\qtawesome_init
.py", line 130, in _instance
_resource[‘iconic’] = IconicFont(*_BUNDLED_FONTS)
File “C:\Programas\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\qtawesome\iconic_font.py”, line 338, in init
self.load_font(*fargs)
File “C:\Programas\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\qtawesome\iconic_font.py”, line 374, in load_font
directory = self._get_fonts_directory()
File “C:\Programas\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\qtawesome\iconic_font.py”, line 593, in _get_fonts_directory
fonts_directory = self._install_fonts(fonts_directory)
File “C:\Programas\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\qtawesome\iconic_font.py”, line 623, in _install_fonts
shutil.copy(src_path, user_fonts_dir)
File “C:\Programas\anaconda3\lib\shutil.py”, line 417, in copy
copyfile(src, dst, follow_symlinks=follow_symlinks)
File “C:\Programas\anaconda3\lib\shutil.py”, line 256, in copyfile
with open(dst, ‘wb’) as fdst:
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘C:\Users\AVELL\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Fonts\fontawesome5-brands-webfont.ttf’

Hi Charles,
I’m not really sure whether your issue is the same as mine, but I eventually could resolve the issue by following the installation steps from Installation Guide — Spyder 5 documentation. When you scroll down to the section “Conda based distributions” there is a description how to create a new environment with an up-to-date Spyder version. That solved the issue for me. When you start Anaconda, you need to open Spyder from that new environment.
Hope that helps.

Best regards,
Markus