How is Pycharm installed?

So, I was under the impression that Navigator essentially showed applications that were installed within the current environment along with some “advertisements” for some available applications. I assumed clicking “Install” on one of those “advertisements” would essentially just run a
“conda install ” behind the scenes, and therefore I’d usually just do that from an anaconda prompt to have more control and see what messages were generated.

I went to do that with Pycharm, but Pycharm is not found in any of the repositories. So how does the Pycharm install work?

dear rswitt.

Thank you for your contribution to the anaconda community.

I went to do that with Pycharm, but Pycharm is not found in any of the repositories. So how does the Pycharm install work?

It was originally provided by fwater, umer, chen, etc. as seen at the URL below.

https://anaconda.org/search?q=pycharm

However, JetBrains realized the potential of Anaconda and now you can directly download and extract it.

The current Anaconda system can be installed by downloading directly from the above URL.

Best regards.

Ahh, I guess I should have clicked on it, the Anaconda doesn’t actually install PyCharm, it just redirects to the download page. Too bad!

1 Like