Getting Started 'Conda Workflow' tutorial - CondaSSLError

Unable to continue Conda Workflow tutorial due to an error when attempting to install packages as shown. I’ve also CondaSSLError: OpenSSL appears to be unavailable on this machine.

Will this be fixed in the near term?

(test1) C:\Users\name>conda install jupyterlab dask pandas hvplot
Collecting package metadata (current_repodata.json): failed

CondaSSLError: OpenSSL appears to be unavailable on this machine. OpenSSL is required to
download and install packages.

Exception: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘repo.anaconda.com’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /pkgs/main/win-64/current_repodata.json (Caused by SSLError(“Can’t connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.”))

Hello Amy_DMV.

A solution is given on the following site that has worked for several people reporting the same issue:

|> This is due to .dll error

go to location where you’ve install anaconda anaconda3>Library>bin. search and copy following dll files

libcrypto-1_1-x64.dll libssl-1_1-x64.dll

and paste to anaconda3>DLLs.

then restart your pc.

issue will get resolved.

Great! Works for me|

Have you tried this solution?

Kim
Anaconda

Hi Kim - YES! this worked very nicely. And to Mahesh for the winning solution! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

I copied the files still getting this error: Collecting package metadata (current_repodata.json): failed

CondaSSLError: OpenSSL appears to be unavailable on this machine. OpenSSL is required to
download and install packages.

Exception: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘repo.anaconda.com’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /pkgs/main/win-64/current_repodata.json (Caused by SSLError(“Can’t connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.”))