From conda.cli import main ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'conda'

Hello, I updated bios to the latest version in my laptop (Windows 10 Pro x64) and anaconda navigator stopped opening although it worked before. Uninstalling and then reinstalling with the latest version didn’t help (I tried both Anaconda Navigator and Miniconda). I get the next error

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Nastya\miniconda3\Scripts\conda-script.py", line 11, in <module>
    from conda.cli import main
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'conda'

Deleting .conda, .condarc and other files, reinstalling with admin rights and “add to path” still didn’t solve the problem. Even when I enter the path to it, conda is still not found
I tried different ways of dealing with this issue but nothing helped.
Moreover when I try to uninstall miniconda or Anaconda navigator I get permission error, except when I click uninstall file with administrator privileges.
photo_5226447794884172068_x

I think something happened to the admin rights after the bios update because I also could’t open Microsoft office without admin rights.
Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, I have the same error. Initially, I had Python3 installed on Linux on Windows Subsystem for Linux. Then I installed Anaconda distribution on Windows 11. Installation “Completed Successfully” without errors. When I clicked on “Anaconda prompt”, I get this message:

I uninstalled Python3 on Windows Subsystem for Linux and Anaconda distribution and reinstalled Anaconda. Still I get the error. I am expected to see the “(base)” before the windows prompt. I dont see it. Please help.

I noticed that the message says that “conda.cli” is not found (at line# 11) in conda-script.py. I looked in the Scripts folder. I do not see conda.cli file. Is this the reason for the error? If so, how to fix it?

Yes, that is the reason for the error. If you are missing ‘conda-script.py’ in your Scripts folder your installation is broken.

You should be able to fix things as follows:

1). Open Windows File Explorer and completely delete the ‘anaconda3’ folder from your machine.
2). Uninstall Anaconda via ‘Add/Remove Programs’.
3). Reinstall the software.

I have same error. How to fix this error.plz share the steps for this error.I again uninstalled and then installed the anacoda but when i open anaconda command prompt same error msg is there.share the steps to solve this error.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\Jigarbhai\anaconda3\Scripts\conda-script.py”, line 11, in
from conda.cli import main
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘conda’