Facing connection problems after re-installing Anaconda

I re-installed Anaconda after I by-mistakenly broke it by closing the terminal while the whole Anaconda was upgrading with the command - conda upgrade --all
I thought re-installing will solve all the problems, but nothing seems to be solved.
The screenshot attached shows that there is a connection problem with error in the directory which is being used by the terminal to connect to conda and run the Python code. Please help me how to resolve this issue as uninstalling and re-installing takes a long time…

Hello,

Welcome to the Anaconda Community!
Unfortunately, I think you will need to uninstall and reinstall Anaconda.

1 Like

This scenario I’ve is after re-installing Anaconda.
Also, I’m able to work in Spyder IDE and Visual Studio Code without any issue, so there must be a way except re-installing!
The reason I need PyCharm is because of its ligatures I like a lot during coding. @sweller

Hi @ Gamer_Undefeated One of the things that works for me is that I have one setup for production environments and another for development. This is as easy as having my PATH be ‘root/prod/PycharmProjects/project_name’ and ‘root/deve/PycharmProjects/project_name’.

So once I have separated the environments your issue seems to be deeper that it says the filename, directory name or volume label are incorrect.

We need standard labeling for this to run and to be frank WINDOWS is the toughest most convoluted and complicated operating system to develop pycharm on.

When you go to your terminal and for normal people its in linux you type something like ‘python --version’ or --PATH but we need to see the path that your python is on and the path your environment is installed to. So many programs in Windows refused to share data or info while one is running. Excel is famous for crashing codebase because you can’t share and edit while its open, sometimes you need to save and close other times you just need to save. So what other programs are open also using that path?

Usually you want to have anaconda dictate and create the environments and then load them into a Jupiter notebook, then save and open that as a new pycharm environment and POOF it should work.