Conda: how to enforce bokeh update

When I try to update bokeh to the latest version using “conda update bokeh”, I get
"
Collecting package metadata (current_repodata.json): done
Solving environment: |
Updating bokeh is constricted by
anaconda → requires bokeh==2.4.3=py39haa95532_0
If you are sure you want an update of your package either try conda update --all or install a specific version of the package you want using conda install <pkg>=<version>
done
"

When I try to install a specific version as this suggests, like by going with “conda install bokeh=3.1.1”, I get
“Solving environment: failed with initial frozen solve. Retrying with flexible solve.”
and then it repeats the process and fails again.

Going with any bokeh version below major version 3 is not an option for me, 2.4.3 certainly does not work with the code base I’m given.
I could try sneaking it past anaconda using pip, but I hope there is a better solution out there.

Trying the same with version 3.0.0 does come to a conclusion, but simply states
“PackagesNotFoundError: The following packages are not available from current channels:”
I am already using conda-forge, is there any channel out there which actually features a latest bokeh version? (Or at least any version 3.0.0 or above.)

Edit: Not sure if this is relevant, but I am working in Windows.

I ended up using pip to do things, but what might be noteable is that I had to update panel before I could update bokeh. Not sure if this is related to the problem above, because I also tried to update all components before and if it was about panel, this should have resolved that issue.