Bug in latest Anaconda Ubuntu installer

After getting disppointed of trying so many googled stuff already discussed about the error below, I made a fresh installation of an Ubuntu and yet … I face this issue:
I cannot run anaconda-navigator in my Terminal. It returns the error:

libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open iris: /usr/lib/dri/iris_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: iris
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open iris: /usr/lib/dri/iris_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open swrast: /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast

So I’m sure there is a mismatch of something with latest Ubuntu and Anaconda Navigator.
Looking forward to experts’ advice.

Hello,

What is the exact version of Ubuntu you are running?

Can you please run the command:
lsb_release -a

in a terminal window and paste the output here.

Good morning, It seems that It’s an error related to the mesa drivers, could you please launch this command on your terminal?

sudo apt install --reinstall libgl1-mesa-dri

This should fix your issue, let us know if that worked for you.

1 Like

Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS
jammy

I’m afraid it didn’t work

Hi again,

I forget to mention that you need to reboot the machine prior to try again, please confirm that and send us the new output to see if something changed.

Thank you.

Still the same. Tried an earlier version of Anaconda. Tried on fresh Ubuntu 20.
Does it have anything to do with hardware?!

Hi again,

No, the problem It’s related to some video libraries, I suggest you to follow the solutions proposed on this tread:

Let us know if you fix your problem, if not we are here to help.

I am also facing similar issues. I am using Ubuntu 22.04. My python version on Anaconda environment is 3.8.18. I am getting following error while running Carla scripts. Any suggestions.

libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open swrast: /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
Major opcode of failed request: 152 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request: 3 (X_GLXCreateContext)
Value in failed request: 0x0
Serial number of failed request: 181
Current serial number in output stream: 182