Anaconda Individual School install

Hello, I work at a school and I have been asked to install Anaconda onto some school PCs, I just wanted to make sure that this was ok with regards to the licensing policy for the software?

Thanks

Hello.

Yes, schools can use Anaconda Individual without purchasing licenses, as long as the use is for education and not commercial activities.

I have posted the relevant part of our terms of service and a link to the full text.

To avoid confusion, “commercial activities” are any use of the Repository which is NOT:

• use solely by an individual using for personal, non-business purposes,
  • use by a student or employee of an educational institution in connection with educational activities,
  • use by an employee or volunteer on behalf of a non-profit institution in connection with the provision of charitable services,
  • use by a 501(c)(3) non-profit research institution in connection with non-commercial activities, such as research to address societal needs and global challenges, public policy development, or the advancement of science for the general good, where such work will not result in revenue to the institution, or use by entities in common control with each other with fewer than 200 employees in aggregate.

Please let me know if that answers your question or if you need additional assistance.

Kim