AI Navigator Local Issuer Certificate Error (Windows 10)

AI Navigator fails to launch on Windows 10 with the titular error. I know the solution to the issue is I need to update the SSL certificate being used by the application, but the problem is I cannot find the certificate AI Navigator is using. To be clear, I have an updated certificate which I have used many times with other applications to fix similar errors, but I just don’t know where AI Navigator is storing/searching for its certificate. Been searching the file paths created during installation in AppData folders and so far I have yet to find any .pem or .crt files which are typically the culprits.

Alternatively, is there a configuration file that comes with AI Navigator which would allow me to specify a particular .pem or .crt file or an SSL path for AI Navigator to automatically use at launch? Anaconda Navigator has a similar setting which I currently use.

EDIT: Found a log file which outputs the following:
[2024-07-10 12:34:46.620] [info] Creating main window…
[2024-07-10 12:34:46.740] [info] Checking for update
[2024-07-10 12:34:47.005] [info] Log from renderer process
[2024-07-10 12:34:47.005] [debug] Renderer reloaded!
[2024-07-10 12:34:47.005] [debug] AppLoader status query: LOAD_START
[2024-07-10 12:34:47.039] [debug] Importing hyllama
[2024-07-10 12:34:47.043] [debug] Starting Auth Service…
[2024-07-10 12:34:47.201] [debug] Initializing renderer error handler…
[2024-07-10 12:34:47.201] [debug] Querying logged in user
[2024-07-10 12:34:47.238] [error] Error: unable to get local issuer certificate

Is it this “hyllama” causing the problem? I’m looking through its folders but not seeing any SSL info.

I don’t know the solution to your issue, but I do know there is a folder called .anaconda that contains a navigator folder that contains the configuration files for Navigator. This file is usually hidden on Windows by default - but it is possible to make it visible, and you should be able to also find it from the command prompt or anaconda prompt. That folder contains a navigator.ini file that includes configuration options for Navigator - including SSL. Sometimes removing this folder so it is recreated automatically can fix issues that Navigator is having (getting it out of a stuck state). Another aspect to check is your conda configuration file (.condarc) - sometimes the ssl setting there can also impact Navigator as in many ways it is a GUI for conda. Hope this helps you figure out a solution to the issue you’re running into!

To clarify, this is for AI Navigator, not Anaconda Navigator.

EDIT: Fixed. For anyone needing help, make sure you have a valid SSL certificate file somewhere, like “cacert.pem,” then do the following in a command line:

setx SSL_CERT_FILE “C:\Path\to\cacert.pem”

setx NODE_EXTRA_CA_CERTS “C:\Path\to\cacert.pem”

Evidently, AI Navigator uses these environment variables to find a local issuer certificate and mine were configured incorrectly. You can change these without admin permissions, btw.

This method didn’t work.

Set these two params but AI Navigator still fails with the same local issuer error.

@suny.sinha , @TmBeCa our apologies for the inconvenience.

FYI, we have a new version 0.7.3 out at the end of August. Do you have a chance of upgrading to the latest version and see the issue is still relevant?