Unable to load navigator

Hi all,

I just reinstall anaconda navigator to my PC and am having a little issue to load it.
Appreciate if can point where it went wrong, thank you in advance!

Regards
Hidayat

Below is the error message:
(base) C:\Users\User>conda info

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ERROR REPORT <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\User\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\conda\exceptions.py”, line 1082, in call
return func(*args, **kwargs)
File “C:\Users\User\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\conda\cli\main.py”, line 87, in _main
exit_code = do_call(args, p)
File “C:\Users\User\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\conda\cli\conda_argparse.py”, line 84, in do_call
return getattr(module, func_name)(args, parser)
File “C:\Users\User\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\conda\cli\main_info.py”, line 317, in execute
info_dict = get_info_dict(args.system)
File “C:\Users\User\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\conda\cli\main_info.py”, line 163, in get_info_dict
pkgs_dirs=context.pkgs_dirs,
File “C:\Users\User\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\conda\base\context.py”, line 530, in pkgs_dirs
fixed_dirs += user_data_dir(APP_NAME, APP_NAME),
File “C:\Users\User\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\conda_vendor\appdirs.py”, line 67, in user_data_dir
path = os.path.join(_get_win_folder(const), appauthor, appname)
File “C:\Users\User\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\conda_vendor\appdirs.py”, line 284, in _get_win_folder_with_pywin32
from win32com.shell import shellcon, shell
ImportError: DLL load failed while importing shell: The specified procedure could not be found.

$ C:\Users\User\anaconda3\Scripts\conda-script.py info

An unexpected error has occurred. Conda has prepared the above report.

1 Like

from ktsh.tanaka.2020 to mhidayatz

Nice to meet you.

The cause is simple, as you can see in the last line, the DLL for Windows 32bit has been installed even though it is Windows 64bit.

To avoid this problem, instead of the following URL

https://repo.anaconda.com/archive/Anaconda3-2022.05-Windows-x86.exe

Please use the following URL.
https://repo.anaconda.com/archive/Anaconda3-2022.05-Windows-x86_64.exe

Regards, you.
ktsh.tanaka.2020

Hi ktsh.tanaka.2020,

The suggestion does not work.
I am using 64bit anaconda on a 64bit pc.
And have repeatedly install/uninstall anaconda.

Regards
Hidayat

1 Like

My best guess is, that you have previous installs of python and/or anaconda that have left pieces of themselves behind. You should at least check your PATH variable and try to eliminate previous install directories.

1 Like