Conda-build with qt6-main package will not pass tests

I am trying to package up our Qt6 based application using conda-build. The issue that I think I am running into is this warning message during the conda-build process.

WARNING: The install/build script(s) for simplnx deleted the following files (from dependencies) from the prefix:
['bin/Linguist6', 'bin/Assistant6', 'bin/qdbusviewer6', 'bin/pixeltool6', 'bin/Designer6']
This will cause the post-link checks to mis-report. Please try not to delete and files (DSOs in particular) from the prefix

and later on I then get this failure:

Files containing CONDA_PREFIX
-----------------------------
lib/libEbsdLib.dylib (binary): Patching
lib/libOrientationAnalysis.simplnx (binary): Patching
share/H5Support/H5SupportTargets.cmake (text): Patching
TEST START: /opt/local/anaconda3/conda-bld/osx-arm64/simplnx-1.2.1-py310hb45c16d_0.tar.bz2
Renaming work directory '/opt/local/anaconda3/conda-bld/simplnx_1703377294948/work' to '/opt/local/anaconda3/conda-bld/simplnx_1703377294948/work_moved_simplnx-1.2.1-py310hb45c16d_0_osx-arm64'
shutil.move(work)=/opt/local/anaconda3/conda-bld/simplnx_1703377294948/work, dest=/opt/local/anaconda3/conda-bld/simplnx_1703377294948/work_moved_simplnx-1.2.1-py310hb45c16d_0_osx-arm64)
Collecting package metadata (repodata.json): ...working... done
Solving environment: ...working... WARNING conda.models.version:get_matcher(556): Using .* with relational operator is superfluous and deprecated and will be removed in a future version of conda. Your spec was 1.9.0.*, but conda is ignoring the .* and treating it as 1.9.0
WARNING conda.models.version:get_matcher(556): Using .* with relational operator is superfluous and deprecated and will be removed in a future version of conda. Your spec was 1.8.0.*, but conda is ignoring the .* and treating it as 1.8.0
failed
WARNING: failed to get install actions, retrying.  exception was: Invalid version '1.0.0<py312': invalid character(s)
Solving environment: ...working... failed
ERROR: Failed to get install actions, max retries exceeded.
WARNING: Tests failed for simplnx-1.2.1-py310hb45c16d_0.tar.bz2 - moving package to /opt/local/anaconda3/conda-bld/broken
TESTS FAILED: simplnx-1.2.1-py310hb45c16d_0.tar.bz2

I have looked through “conda” trying to find out how to put those dependencies in but at the moment I can’t even find a conda package that would install QtDesigner, QtAssistant and the other “missing” libraries. This is on macOS (intel and silicon variants). It seems to be happy on Windows.

I’ve tried all sorts of versions of conda, conda-build, mamba, boa, conda-build. Different versions of Qt6 (6.5.x and 6.6).

I’m not sure if this is a bug somewhere, user error on my part or how to fix this issue. The repo is at GitHub - BlueQuartzSoftware/simplnx: The backend algorithms and framework associated with DREAM3DNX, a data analysis program for materials science data analytics and the recipe directory is in the top level “conda” directory.

Thanks to anyone who might be able to shed some light on what I am probably doing wrong.