Cannot open Jupyter Notebook on MacBook

I installed Anaconda and tried to open Jupyter Notebook in the navigator. But failed. Could anyone help me please? Thanks a million.

Vicky

Last login: Thu Mar 30 16:16:01 on ttys000
(base) 192:~ Vicky$ /Users/Vicky/anaconda3/bin/jupyter_mac.command ; exit;
/Users/Vicky/anaconda3/bin/jupyter_mac.command: line 5: 1806 Segmentation fault: 11 $DIR/jupyter-notebook
logout
Saving session…
…copying shared history…
…saving history…truncating history files…
…completed.
Deleting expired sessions…none found.

【Process completed】

I got the exact same, hope someone can help us!

Hello,

We will gladly help you. Please try to uninstall Anaconda and install it again.

You can download your compatible version here: https://repo.anaconda.com/archive/Anaconda3-2023.03-MacOSX-arm64.pkg
There is the x86 installer as well: https://repo.anaconda.com/archive/Anaconda3-2023.03-MacOSX-x86_64.pkg

It’s also advisable to completely uninstall Anaconda before proceeding with the installation to make sure to get rid of any errors, you can do that if you follow these instructions:

### macOS or Linux- Open your terminal application.

• Remove your entire Anaconda directory with rm -rf. Depending on your installation, your anaconda2 or anaconda3 directory will be in your root folder or in your opt folder.
    The following are a few examples of how you may need to delete your Anaconda folder

rm -rf anaconda3

rm -rf ~/anaconda3

rm -rf ~/opt/anaconda3

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!

Thank You,

Carlos Valin
Sr. Support Technician

I am getting the same message as above. I have tried installing and reinstalling. I have a 2017 Mac version 10.14, but I am still getting that same message that opens up with terminal. Could you please give me any advice on this?

Hi, have you followed the same steps?

I’ve also tried deleting and re-installing mulitple times, but continue to get the Segmentation fault: 11 when typing just “jupyter notebook” in bash

When trying from Anaconda Navigator I get a bit more info like OP:

/anaconda3/bin/jupyter_mac.command: line 5: 5511 Segmentation fault: 11 $DIR/jupyter-notebook

logout

Saving session…

…copying shared history…

…saving history…truncating history files…

…completed.

[Process completed]