Anaconda Nucleus import csv file

So, there’s nothing strange I can see in the menu configuration. However, I’ve had one idea; perhaps we can try resetting your JupyterLab config. That will not affect the notebook files that you’ve created, but might reset the interface so that you can see Python in the launcher again. To do it, start a terminal using the leftmost button in the launcher, and then run this command:

mv ~/.jupyter/lab/workspaces/default-37a8.jupyterlab-workspace ~/old-config

(Note for anyone who is not @88kas2091 who has the same problem in the future, and finds themselves following this thread – the filename after the “default” there will probably be different for you.)

Once you’ve done that, use your browser’s location bar to go to https://nb.anaconda.cloud directly. That will reset your JupyterLab config, and we’ll see if it sorts out the issue.

Giles.

Still not working. Here’s a new video w/ what I’m seeing. I followed the steps you provided.

https://tinyurl.com/4pzjdnrp

Keith

Hi Keith, thanks for the update! Could you try running the following commands in a terminal, and the post the output here?

• jupyter --paths
  • jupyter kernelspec list
  • conda env list

Giles.

I just tried the first command:

Hi Keith! Sorry, I should have clarified – those commands need to be run in a terminal that you launch using the button at the bottom of the launchers page in the cloud notebook service.

Giles…I’m not sure what you are referring to. Here’s what I’m looking at:

I mean the terminal button in this screenshot:

That also makes me wonder, did you also run that mv command from earlier on your own machine? If so, could you try running it again in the cloud terminal and see if that helps?

Giles.

When I click Terminal in Launcher this is what I see:

Thanks! That’s useful information. Could you try going to nb.anaconda.cloud once more?

I pulled it up in a Firefox Private Window and this is what I see (looks like it is working now). I did not plub in the terminal prompts you provided earlier. Would you still like me to do that?

Fantastic, thanks for confirming! No, there’s no need to run those terminal commands now.

We really appreciate you reporting this issue because it’s helped us find a bug in our system. If you start more than a certain number of kernels, the UI breaks in the way that you’ve seen, after a bit of a pause. It should definitely not do that. We’re still digging into the details of how exactly it happens. However, you can get around the issue if it happens again before we’ve fixed the bug, by doing this:

1. Go to the “Running terminals and kernels” button on the left:

1. In there, you’ll see lists of tabs, kernels and terminals. Click on the “Shut Down All” button at the top of the “Kernels” list:

That should fix the issue right away.

Thank you Giles!

Keith