Unable to install Anaconda for M2 Chip Macbook Pro

I am trying to install Anaconda, for new macbook, but I am unable to. It says the laptop is not compatible.

Is there any other way to install or work with it?

Hello,

We will gladly help you. Anaconda is compatible with the M2 chip so that wouldn’t be a problem. Please try to download and install Anaconda with this link instead:

https://repo.anaconda.com/archive/Anaconda3-2022.10-MacOSX-arm64.pkg

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!

1 Like

Hi Carlos, I can not install Anaconda on my MacBook pro with the M2 pro chip, do you know when Anaconda will release an updated version that is compatible with the M2 pro?

Hi Carlos, I can not install Anaconda on my MacBook pro with the M2 pro chip, do you know when Anaconda will release an updated version that is compatible with the M2 pro?

Hi, have you tried the installer that I previously sent you?

If that’s the case send us a screenshot where it says that It’s not compatible

I also have the same problem with my Mac mini M2pro chip 2023!

Anaconda3-2023.07-2-MacOSX-arm64.pkg

I am having a similar problem with my MacBook Pro with Intel Core i7. It says the software is not compatible. I’m running macOS Ventura v13.5

I am not sure what to do here. I have been trying to uninstall and then reinstall the anaconda3 bc my first round was having path errors and issues. Would anyone be able to advise me what to do? I am brand new to Python

The issue is a MACOS issue - I’m still trying to resolve it; but looks like the anaconda install is trying to execute with elevated privileges (writing to disk) and macOS prevented it.

Hello.

The correct installer for the MacOS M2 chip is:

https://repo.anaconda.com/archive/Anaconda3-2022.10-MacOSX-arm64.pkg

please try this link as it is compatible. Let us know what your result is.

Kim

1 Like

Hello
still It was not working this link with MacBook M2
Please can you send me correct link ?

hello
how to download this link? can u send me in your download link pls?