Jupyter Notebook Server Error: Traceback

Every once in a while, I get the following error when trying to open Jupyter Notebook from Anaconda. My IT team is not super helpful so hoping someone here my be able to shed some light! Note: in the past when I get this error, I had to wipe all my drives then re-install Anaconda and then JN works again, but I’m trying not to have to do this again and again. Thank you!

Server error: Traceback (most recent call last): File “C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\tornado\web.py”, line 1704, in _execute result = await result File “C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\tornado\gen.py”, line 234, in wrapper yielded = ctx_run(next, result) File “C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\notebook\services\contents\handlers.py”, line 111, in get model = yield maybe_future(self.contents_manager.get( File “C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\notebook\services\contents\filemanager.py”, line 437, in get model = self._dir_model(path, content=content) File “C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\notebook\services\contents\filemanager.py”, line 311, in _dir_model for name in os.listdir(os_dir): OSError: [WinError 87] The parameter is incorrect: “C:\Users\gbond\OneDrive - CN\Python Code”

1 Like

Is is possible for you to show us the code you are running below?

The error message is not too informative and is a result of one of the lines you are running in the notebook. If you can isolate the error to a particular line in the code and show that below, I might be able to determine why you are getting the error.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Thanks - I do not actually write any code - I get this error when I click to open Jupytner Notebook from Anaconda.

1 Like

Perhaps the original notebook got deleted or removed from your OneDrive?
I would check into that. In my experience, OneDrive can be very finicky.

1 Like