Spyder Not Launching

I’ve tried to uninstall and reinstall both Anaconda and Spyder, but it refuses to launch… Please help.

1 Like

dear Chelsea_Inthavong.

nice to meet you.
Depending on the OS you are using, the correspondence will be different, but basically the cause is the same. “The PATH does not go through.”

First, for Windows, refer to the following URL and pass the path to \ anaconda3 \ bin.

For MacOS, in the same way, refer to the following URL and pass the path to \ anaconda3 \ bin.

In the case of Linux, the correspondence is different depending on csh or bash, so please search at https://stackoverflow.com/.

see you.
ktsh.tanaka.2020

Okay, I tried your suggestion and it did not work. I added almost all of the Anaconda versions.

dear Chelsea_Inthavong.

thank you for your reply. Also, I am grateful that the screenshots were provided so that the problem could be materialized.

There is an error in the environment variable settings.
If there is a “.” In the directory, it will be “.” + “Directory name” in Windows.
In that case, Windows will not correctly recognize the directory where spyder is located.
In addition, spyder alone is installed in C: \ username \ application \ spyder \ bin or “installation directory + \ bin”.

In the case of spyder built in Anaconda, it is in C: \ user name \ application \ anaconda \ bin by default, so that is the correct PATH.

regards, you.
ktsh.tanaka.2020

1 Like

Dear Ktsh.tanaka.2020,

Thanks for the explanation. How exactly do I change the “.” to “+”?

dear Chelsea_Inthavong.

thank you for reply.

Let me explain in detail.
C: \ Users \ cinth \ .conda
of
C: \ Users \ cinth \ conda
All you have to do is lose the “.”

If it contains a “.”, Windows will try to reference the directory with that name. However, I don’t think it was selected during installation.

Regards, you.
ktsh.tanaka.2020

Hi Ktsh.tanaka.2020,

I tried something related to what you suggested with anaconda3 and conda. Still nothing. I even tried to have a friend help. A command line popped open once and it said that it couldn’t read something once and never showed up again, but it’s trying code 1252?

1 Like

dear Chelsea_Inthavong.

thank you for your reply.
The cause is simple. The old PATH remains. Save those PATHs in a text file, etc., and then delete them.

If you are not sure, we recommend that you delete the lines other than the% USERPROFILE% line and install again.

Not limited to Windows, the OS of PCs and servers refers to the PATH to find programs. If it’s different, you won’t be able to find the correct program, and typing commands or clicking icons won’t work.

see you.
ktsh.tanaka.2020

Dear ktsh.tanaka.2020,

I have deleted everything and left the C:\Users\cinth\conda. I tried relaunching Spyder and received an error in the command line that stated there was an error in the pipeline. Please help.

1 Like

dear Chelsea_Inthavong.

thank you for reply.

The reason is simple. Until then, it seems that the necessary DLLs were picked up from the anaconda3 library, but the problem is caused by the disappearance of those PATHs and libraries.

To solve this problem, you need to remove the currently installed spyder and install it again.

Of course, if you want to use the built-in spyder in anaconda, you can install anaconda again.

At that time, please be careful not to install both spyder and anaconda separately. Strictly speaking, both can coexist, but anaconda must not be installed first.

We hope that you will pay attention to the above precautions and that the installation will be successful.

Regards, you.
ktsh.tanaka.2020

Hi ktsh.tanaka.2020,

I’m definitely very confused. I’ll probably try something else.

1 Like

dear Chelsea_Inthavong.

thank you for reply.

We think the reason for the confusion is that you skipped a step in the middle.
After doing a clean install, I think it’s better to install while clearing the steps one by one.

Regards, you.
ktsh.tanaka.2020