Conda and Anaconda navigator per user in a server

Good morning,

Is it possible to have a single centrally installed Conda and Anaconda navigator installed by root in a server but later to be used by all the users of the machine?.

By the way, why it takes so much time to generate and install a R-studio program inside an env on navigator?. Does it build it?. Although I should say the proccess I see when it’s installing R-Studio is a Python proccess… not any kind of compiler proccess…

Cheers,

1 Like

from ktsh.tanaka.2020 to egoitz

good morning.

Is it possible to have a single centrally installed Conda and Anaconda navigator installed by root in a server but later to be used by all the users of the machine?.

Yes, if you choose the Enterprise Edition.

By the way, why it takes so much time to generate and install a R-studio program inside an env on navigator?. Does it build it?. Although I should say the proccess I see when it’s installing R-Studio is a Python proccess… not any kind of compiler proccess…

R-studio is software developed and distributed by R-studio company, and Anaconda only distributes it. However, only the community version will be distributed.

In other words, the request arrives at your PC → Anaconda → R-Studio, and it is installed in the opposite process.

Regards, you.
ktsh.tanaka.2020

Thank you so much for your help

1 Like