Can't install: Failed to Extract Packages Error

changing the default path didn’t worked for us, but it’s good to see that it worked for other people in community :slight_smile:

which path you have used ?

I am using this path “C:\Users\tevfi\Documents\GitHub\dot-protocol\simulation”. The error persists.

your path is longer than the default one. you need to change it to a folder on the drive c:\ such as
C:\Anaconda

Hi Guys! I had the same problem with default install (fail to extract) and to solve this I just move the Anaconada…exe installer from downloads folder to Desktop folder (Some Windows 10 have an bug to execute .exe installers direct from download folder) and so I executed the installer from Desktop and during the installation I change default path to C:/Users/“myuser” (replace myuser for your user). So the instalation has finished successfully. Hope help you!

1 Like

Hi guys,just joined the forum, i see a lot of people be struggling with installing anaconda on the computers, my bet is the company itself has planted a bug in the software so you sign up to the online platform, I’ve done extensive research on this and tried installing the updated conda on different devices including macbooks but always throws an error, especially “packet errors”, but lucky for you i have all previous versions of conda for all devices from just 25$, please get intouch with me and I’ll gladly assist,

Happy coding
KAGE.

Gee thanks Kage that doesnt seem scummy or scammy at all and I certainly couldn’t get those directly from Anaconda themselves right here:
Index of / (anaconda.com)

This solution actually worked for me too. I had the same problems installing ‘Anaconda3-2024.02-1-Windows-x86-64’. I have tried installing but each time it was stuck on extracting py311. But after a couple failed trials, moved the installer to desktop and tried and this time, although again stuck, it did not take that long and in end the installation was successful.